Rant time...
Rarely do I shop for myself. I am currently going through my meager clothing assortment and getting rid of everything I don't love. My goal is to be able to reach into the closet in a half awake state (me, not the closet) and pull out anything and be happy having it on. I'm down to about two pairs of pants and ten or so shirts. Sad, but where do I go that I need the latest and greatest fashion trend? The washer doesn't care, neither do my children.
Anywho, I needed to return some boots at L.L. Bean that my darling mother in law bought for me. They just didn't fit- years of walking around barefoot or in sad floppies have distorted my poor peds to this ghastly width that protests most footwear. Combine that with a solid instep and I'm sure you can see my struggle in the shoe department, hence the floppies. So I return the boots and get a massive store credit that I am required to spend on myself per the instructions of my mother in law. She knows me too well by now and needs to place restrictions on me like that so I don't go buying my children things with my gift money.
The first salesperson I approached (problem #1) of course wanted to talk to Molly, who was sitting happily on my back in a wrap, but spent way too much energy making sure she was secure. Yesh, I'm going to tie on my child so that she is teetering and unsafe while I shop. DUH! When I give a salesperson my situation (i.e. "I returned some boots because my instep was too high and I need to be able to slip them on with one or zero hands because I have three children.") I expect a recommendation because, well, they know what they have better than I do. Nope. (problem #2) I got a wishy-washy nod in the direction of marked down boots. I understand that it's the end of the season and there isn't a whole lot left, but COME ON! Know you stock.
Alas, I went to look at other shoes, thinking perhaps I could get something to replace the shoes that I bought six years ago and have been slowly beating to death. That salesperson was about as helpful as the first. Her pen ran out so she had to get a new one, it took forever to get the shoes I requested, then she just drops them off and runs so when they don't fit she isn't there to replace the size!! (problems #3, 4, 5) ACK! Keep in mind that I mentioned I have three children: #1 is at school, #3 is on my back safely, #2 is being entertained by my husband who thought for sure I would have something by the time he came back to the department. Nope, again.
Enough is enough, people!! You see a harried woman who is CLEAR on what she needs and is all but waving her money in your face, you should hop to it and give me a little service!! I'm going back to the store because I have a credit and I'm buying a COAT this time. I heart L.L. Bean, but I hate, hate, hate when I don't get the service a neglected mother needs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment